Our class has 20 foot ceilings. This offers a unique opportunity to fly remote controlled aircraft in a windless environment.
On the second day of class, Brandon brought in a toy quad copter. It is the Syma X1. It can be purchased on Amazon.com for ~$30.
The Syma X1 4-Channel Quad copter brings a new element to radio control helicopters, and a completely different experience of flying - balance, control, and flips are a refreshing change and new process of learning to fly.
- 3 way precision controller: up/down, left/right, forward/backward
- Speed up mode
- 360° Eversion
- Two Fly Mode:Indoor/Outdoor
- Built-in three axis Gyro
- Removable Battery - no battery restrictions if there are problems and more flight time with additional batteries
We have begun adding obsticles for us to fly around. Here are some of the things we came up with.
- Stacked benches, fly between the different levels
- Columns, fly around them while staying still
- Yoga Mats, stack on end - then try to land on top
- Product Battery: 3.7V/350mAh Li-po
- Charging time: About 40 Minutes
- Flying time: About 5-6 Minutes
- Controlling distance: About 40 Meters
- Frequency: 2.4G
- Channel: 4 channels